Saturday, September 11, 2004

Vanadzor

Formerly (until 1935)  Karaklis  or (1935–93)  Kirovakan  city, northern Armenia. It lies at the confluence of the Pambak, Tandzut, and Vanadzoriget rivers. In 1826 the villages of Bolshoy and Maly Karaklis were merged into the town of Karaklis. Construction of the Tiflis-Karaklis-Alexandropol railway at the end of the 19th century speeded the town's development. In 1935 the name of Karaklis was officially changed to Kirovakan to

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home